Providence is calling an RN Clinical Nurse Educator (1.0 FTE) to the Operating Room at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
How do you define your work in the Operating Room? The Operating Room at Providence Alaska offers a much different definition than the traditional meaning. It's a place where passionate nurses come together on a daily basis to save lives. The OR Educator is instrumental in giving nurses the confidence and skills necessary to do just that. Responsible for both hospital and unit based education program planning, development, and implementation, you will be an expert in all things OR. With 18 OR suites and state of the art equipment to include the new XI robot and hybrid room for minimally invasive procedures, we offer an environment unmatched by any other in the region for learning.
This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for RN Clinical Nurse Educator positions at various locations and various shifts at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for both hospital and unit based education program planning, development and implementation. This includes, but is not limited to: validating required educational needs and competencies for staff; developing training programs and processes; oversight of preceptorship program; ensuring staff education records are maintained; and keeping leadership team informed of staff education needs.
- Teach courses that are required for competency (i.e. ACLS, PALS, etc).
- Assess education needs of staff upon hire or transfer into the unit and on an annual basis.
- In collaboration with staff members, develop individualized education plans for staff.
- Be a clinical expert - able to independently manage high acuity, complex patients typically cared for on the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or education
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska by the time of hire
- Certification within area of expertise or practice required (CNOR, CCRN, etc.)
- Teaching ability
- Membership in professional nursing organization (in the area of specialty)
- Flexibility in scheduling; required for meeting the educational needs of staff on all shifts
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Three (3) years of experience in the clinical setting within the area of practice/clinical expertise
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to accept and implement change
- Evidence of continuing professional growth
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 149579