Providence is calling a Sonographer / RVT to the Ultrasound Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
Scheduling: It is required that all PRN staff work at least 1 shift per 2 months orthe equivalent of 6 shifts per calendar year. Shifts include: regular shift, night shift, short shift, weekendday/night, back-up call or Holiday shift.
In this position you will:
- Perform all the essential functions of the Registered Sonographer.
- Perform and evaluate sonographic examinations and physiologic vascular testing.
- Obtain clinical history and perform a physical assessment of the patient's condition to determine appropriate testing protocol.
- Provide a technical interpretation of sonographic and physiologic data to aid physicians in rendering a medical diagnosis.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic sonographic and non-invasive vascular procedures in accordance with department, hospital, and national standards.
- Review the patient record prior to examination, and obtain a history from the patient.
- Be responsible for accurately completing daily records, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement information, necessary to meet accreditation standards.
- Be responsible for calibrating, maintaining and basic troubleshooting of sonographic equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an ultrasound program (minimum one year in length) and an Associate Degree in a related health care field or credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Registry credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in Abdomen, OB-GYN, and Vascular registries within 27 months.
- Schedule varies to meet department needs.
- Must be available for on-call and weekends.
- Must be physically able to transport equipment and patients to and from the bedside.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of recent full-time paid experience in abdomen, OB/GYN, and vascular technology. Recent experience in Neurosonography.
- Membership in a professional organization such as the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, Society of Vascular Technologists, or the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine encouraged.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 143893