Providence is calling a Security Officer, K9 Handler to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Security Officer, K9 Handler to provide Security to patients, visitors, and staff on the campus of Providence Alaska Medical Center. Canine officers are required to perform all duties of a security officer with the added responsibility of working with a security service dog. Overall responsibility for assigned police service dog in accordance with Departmental policy and procedures. Respond to radio calls when and where the police dog's presence will further security operations goals and objectives. Provide for timely cover and assistance upon requests from other security officers. Maintain required standards of proficiency for their assigned dog through required training.
In this position you will:
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors, and staff.
- As a team, the officer and K9 tours and inspects facility and grounds frequently to assist in maintaining a safer and more secure environment.
- Investigate and complete written reports of complaints, critical security incidents and unusual activities involving patients, staff, and visitors; submits all reports to the security leadership by the end of the shift in which the report occurs.
- Complete defensive tactics satisfactorily, OC pepper gel, nonviolent intervention programs, and BLS training annually.
- Provide daily care of the K9 to include feeding, exercising, grooming, medical care, and cleaning of the K9's kennel to keep the K9 at an acceptable level of readiness.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a security officer, or two (2) years' experience working in healthcare security, or one (1) year experience as a police officer or security officer with an accredited police/corrections academy.
- Satisfactorily complete a PAMC approved K9 handler academy within 3 months of hire.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid Alaska driver's license.
- BLS or the ability to obtain certification within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Must be able to obtain Oleoresin Capsicum (OC/Pepper Spray) certification within ninety (90) days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- K9 Handler training and experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 151006