Providence is calling a Security Supervisor to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for the planning, coordinating and direct supervision of the Security department in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards.
In this position you will:
- Maintain all aspects of Civil Law and order. Conduct patrols of the buildings and parking areas with emphasis on client and staff safety.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing difficult persons, using verbal de-escalation skills and safe physical management techniques.
- Conduct safety inspections in assigned areas and maintain awareness of safety deficiencies while on duty.
- Be responsible for managing personnel issues and needs of assigned areas and employees to include, assisting with recruitment, hiring selection, evaluating, coaching and terminations.
- Exhibit the necessary skills to build effective teams by coaching, building trust, and training staff to work collaboratively and cohesively with other staff and/or team members in a variety of settings.
- Assist with the development of and help maintain quality control and quality assurance programs by developing indicators to measure, monitor, and report performance to other team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of varied experience as a Security Attendant
- BLS with in the first 3 months of hire
- Effective skills in management and leadership, effective verbal and written skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year supervisory experience, medical experience
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 150089