Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (0.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to the Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will provide support to Nursing and Physician staff by performing tasks that assist in the care and treatment of patients/residents with illnesses or injuries, taking into account the individual patient's physical or age-related needs. Provides continuity of care while ensuring patient and resident privacy and dignity.
In this position you will:
- Provide personal care and emotional support under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and or Physician.
- Perform basic patient observation skills and report significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member in a timely manner.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or other method as needed.
- Actively round in assigned clinical area to obtain vital signs and to provide comfort and assistance to meet patient/residents and family needs.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment for the patient/resident.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current State of Alaska CNA certification - CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of employment.
- BLS certification or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of hire
- Current Alaska driver's license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance required if working in the Home Health Department.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- The physical strength to help restrain potentially violent patients, assist patients in ambulating, turning in bed, and transferring in and out of wheelchairs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of patient care experience in a health care setting.
- Medical terminology.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors to Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute beds including 4 birthing suites and 2 ICU beds. Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, we work closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for our patients. In addition, our Elder House has 19 long term care beds. With emphasis on evidence based practice our staff strives to create a quality health care experience for each patient- one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork. We proudly support the educational development of staff and provide onsite career development for staff members.
For more information on the ministry you will serve, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 144482