Providence is calling a Maintenance Technician I to Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for ensuring that the building, grounds, equipment, building systems, interior finishes, and vehicles are maintained in a manner that ensures a high degree of safety, comfort, and security
In this position you will:
- Manage and participate in the preventative maintenance and repair of hospital facilities, hospital environmental systems and hospital grounds.
- Inspect, maintain and repair physical structures, heating, plumbing, electrical, medical equipment, security systems and maintain applicable documentation.
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge in the utilization of standard test equipment.
- Logically investigate and analyze symptoms to accurately identify problems.
- Effectively interpret manuals, schematics and operating procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on medical gas systems, removal and hook-up of gas bottles, and inventory control of medical gas supplies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of High School or the equivalent.
- One (1) year general maintenance experience.
- Current Alaska driver's license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Fire Extinguisher / Sprinkler Inspection Certification completed within 1 year.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Hospital maintenance experience.
- Boiler and limited electrical licensing.
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 151047