Providence is calling a Full Time, Night shift Staff Registered Nurse to the EmergencyDepartment at the Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
Our state of the art Emergency Department at
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank provides full service
emergency care for every patient that enters our doors, no matter the hour of
the day. All of our emergency department physicians are board-certified
by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, and, as a Paramedic Base Station,
our care begins in the field, as we relay instructions from our medical team so
that paramedics can begin critical treatment protocols even before our patients
arrive at the hospital.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluatepatient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care topromote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those weserve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families,nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify andcorrect problems.
- Engagein ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry thatexplores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence basedpractice.
- Leadand coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate withothers as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integratenursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers fromthe American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) orMilitary Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentAdvance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification fromthe American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network(MTN).
- CurrentPediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentNational Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- MOABI/II required within 30 days to 150 days of hire.
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working withthe patient population similar to department of hire or completion of thespecialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital youwill serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414
bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high
quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic,
treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities
for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and
Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated
receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill
Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint
Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award
from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our
newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive,
state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center
includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly
advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and
research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional
orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical
expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and
resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a
Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of
Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 149358