Providence is calling a Front Office Supervisor (Full Time) at our Providence Medical Institute location in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- The position is responsible for, andprovides oversight regarding the following: positive patient relations, propertelephone communication training & coaching, appointment scheduling,patient registration as well as payment/co-payment collection.
- Performs"hands-on" supervisory support, leadership, and training.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 3 years experience in medical reception.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Typing 40-50 wpm and computerskills.
- Excellent customer service andcommunication skills and training; ability to effectively interact with publicand co-workers.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance HMO/ PPO/ EPO/ Indemnity/ Worker's Comp.
- Good written and verbal skills; ability torecognize issues, set priorities, and take direction to accomplish establishedobjectives.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of computerized registration (preferably IDX), and billing and collection procedures.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 149173