Providence is calling a Supervisor Food Service ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Supervise staff in the Food & Nutrition Services Department.
- Prepare work schedules, assign personnel, prepare timecards, evaluate work performance and initiate commendations and disciplinary documents.
- Participate in the selection of new employees.
- Perform shift specific duties, including opening/closing checklists, controlling keys, handling cash, and securing work units against theft.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years experience in a supervisory capacity managing 6‑10 employees.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift/carry/push up to 50 lbs.).
- Customer service orientation/self starter/ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment.
- Must be computer literate.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certificate in Dietary Manager's Program; AA Degree.
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 150803