Providence is calling an Insurance Department Manager ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Manages the day-to-day operationsof the fee-for-service and specialty accounts receivable operations within theBusiness Office assuring prompt accounts receivable turnaround to maximize cashflow.
- Establishes and implements a denialmanagement system for the collection of rejected or appealed accounts ensuringthe prompt resolution to outstanding third party accounts receivable.
- Maintains knowledge of third party payer andgovernment rules and regulations and makes the necessary changes in policiesand procedures.
- Responsible foreffectively managing all specialty billing including optical, workers'compensation, insured services and behavioral medicine.
- Monitors daily activity of department andmakes necessary adjustments in work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring patient satisfactionwhile maintaining Facey's Vision and Business objectives.
- Demonstrates a highlevel of integrity and innovative thinking and actively contributes to thesuccess of the organization.
- Consistently strives to reduce accounts receivable and maintain positivecash flow for the organization.
- Carries out manager's responsibilities inaccordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning,assigning, and managing work; appraising performance; rewarding anddisciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree, or five to seven yearsexperience in a medical group management, including patientscheduling/registration and business office processes including government andcommercial insurance rules and regulations, and workers compensation.
- Must be detail-oriented, ability to analyze,organize and prioritize.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess computer skills (Mainframe and Windows, Internet Explorer,Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Capable of making management decisions thatinteract and/or involve the overall functioning of the Department.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- GE/IDX experience
- CCS-P or CPC certification
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 149479