Providence Crisis Stabilization Unit is calling a Full Time, Day shift Registered Nurse to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of coordinated clinical nursing care on a Laterman - Petris-Short Act (LPS) designated outpatient psychiatric receiving unit and crisis stabilization unit.
- Provide nursing care to the mental health client whose condition may be unstable and ever changing.
- In collaboration with the physician, evaluate for suicidal or homicidal tendencies and inappropriate responses indicating psychosis, anxiety and/or depression in order to determine if the patient's condition is severe enough to be admitted to a higher level of care.
- Oversee direct patient care, perform patient assessments, Behavioral Health assessment, eligibility for 5150 designation and be responsible to ensure safety at all times. Other duties include patient and family education, health and medication education, treatment and discharge planning.
- Provide treatment and discharge planning by interfacing with physicians, providers, families, and all relevant internal and external resources.
- Be responsible for the management of the Crisis Stabilization unit clinical activities and will coordinate the plan of care with the patient, their family and the interdisciplinary team. Emphasis is placed upon the effective assessment of the client's needs, safety, effective available resources and delivery of mental health services to include: crisis intervention, medication support and potential admission to a Behavioral Health Unit.
- Be responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing and ancillary personnel, utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California State Registered Nurse License
- 2 years of experience as an RN in acute adult outpatient or inpatient psychiatric unit, background and knowledge of psychiatric and medical-surgical illnesses and treatments
- Good working knowledge of general nursing care equipment (stethoscope, thermometer, etc.), specialized equipment for individual units and hospital computer system
- Crisis Prevention (CPI) within 6 months of hire
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers card from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Ability to understand oral and written English directives
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks
- Ability to organizae and prioritze work to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers
- Ability to perform the physical requirements defined on the RU-91 form
- Successful completion of basic medication administration exam prior to hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 3 or more years of directly related RN experience in area of speciality
- Recent hospital direct patient care experience in an acute care facility
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 146802