Providence is calling a Full Time, Variable Shift, Phlebotomist for our Emergency Department at Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide technical, clerical and patient care support services
- Set up cultures, set up testing to be performed on instruments
- Provide service to patients of all age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults
- Perform non-technical duties such as: taking inventory supply, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining the work area, equipment and instrumentation
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California Phlebotomy Certification
- One years experience as a Laboratory technician in a hospital based clinical laboratory
- One year's experience as a phlebotomist
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 144719