Providence is calling a Bilingual Spanish Licensed Clinical Social Worker ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center's Child & Family Development Center in Santa Monica, CA.
Looking for a therapist with a passion for community work and social
justice to provide mental health services in a local Santa Monica middle
school. Services include group, individual and family therapy. Therapist is co-
located at the middle school and works closely with school personnel and city
personnel. Must be able to drive to different community sites and provide
services at the Center, school, community settings and in the clients home.
In this position you will:
- ProvidesClinical Social Work Services including:psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, psychotherapywith children, adolescents, adults, parents, and families. Services include Case Management, andOutreach.
- Delivers services at theCenter, at schools, in homes, and in the greater community.
- Supervises and trains interns and unlicensedstaff.
- Must be fluently bilingualin English and Spanish
Required qualifications for this position include:
- MSW from graduate school for Social WorkLicensedin the State of California by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners
- Demonstrated expertise/skills in working with thetarget population
- Two (2) years of experience in Child/Family setting (including internships)
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Must be able to travel to off site and satellitelocations
- Must have insured personal vehicle
- Must be able to work one evening until 8:00 pm perweek
- Provides on-call services as scheduled
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Child & Family Development Center was established in 1962 to serve the social-emotional needs of children (0-21 years old) and their families. The Center has a strong history of providing culturally sensitive and linguistically responsive mental health, outreach and developmental services, with priority given to underserved, overburdened and at-risk families who are unable to access quality services elsewhere . Services are child-centered and family-focused. Located in Santa Monica, the Center is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 149605