Providence is calling a Patient Visit Representative (Per Diem, Variable shifts) to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking a Per Diem Patient Visit Representative to be responsible for the coordination of patient visit, scheduling outpatient procedures, providing liaison functions between doctor's offices and hospital, and coordinating procedures between departments.
In this position you will:
- Answer phone, greet patients, direct callers to appropriate party or department, and take messages when necessary.
- Schedule procedures and provide liaison functions between radiologists, technologists, patients, hospital and front office staff; verify procedures are scheduled with appropriate resource, including patient name, procedure, date/time, and special considerations, and maintain close communication with technologists and supervisor regarding all changes in the schedule including add-ons, time changes and cancellations.
- Print and distribute schedules, ensuring information is accurate prior to distribution; monitor block bookings and open bookings for utilization and notify manager of conflicts, unusual requests and under-utilization issues.
- Responsible for order entry on patient tracking and hospital information systems. Initiates request for prescriptions for procedures. Documents request and receipt of forms as appropriate. Assists in retrieval of patient's records and/or films.
- Register patients following department policy/procedure, with emphasis on accuracy of demographic/financial information to ensure appropriate revenue routing, validate existing data related to prior registrations, and updating the patient account in the HIS system, and ensure patient signatures are obtained on Conditions of Service, Advance Directive, Medicare Screening Form, create armband, charge plate, and other documents as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding insurance requirements per admitting department, obtain workers compensation and HMO/PPO authorizations and claim numbers, ensure all authorizations/verifications, copies of all necessary insurance cards, doctor's orders, prescriptions and Medicare Compliance Forms have been obtained in accordance with payor's protocol and departmental policy, identify Medicare and Medi-Cal patients through Electronic Eligibility System, and verify eligibility on all other payors through the Passport verification system, and ensures collection of patient co-pays and deductibles as well as estimated co-insurance (if applicable), and documents payment method in the HIS system.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school or equivalent experience
- Current LA City Fire Card within 90 days of hire
- Current BLS card
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Two (2) years' experience in a hospital, similar medical setting, or physician's office.
- Previous registration experience, insurance verification experience, and/or radiology scheduling experience
About the hospital you will serve. Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 150822