Providence is calling a Director of Coding and Compliance ( Full Time / Day Shift ) for Providence Medical Institute Administration location in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of coding and compliance policies and practices for the Providence Medical Institute locations.
- This includes but is not limited to the research of best practices, training of staff and physicians and auditing of practices as part of the quality assurance program for proper coding of medical charges billed by the Providence Physicians Business Office.
- Fulfills the role of subject matter expert in guiding practices and outcomes in this specialty area.
- This position is responsible for researching CPT, ICD-9, Medicare and Medicaid billing rules, and providing appropriate training including presentations with written and verbal communication.
- This includes obtaining, recording and reporting essential data, assisting in problem solving coding issues and ongoing education of physicians and staff.
- Position also manages projects for updating and training all multi-specialty physician clinics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in a physician outpatient clinic business office.
- Seven years experience in medical coding with thorough knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding principles.
- Substantial previous experience in dealing with Medicare, Medicaid and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in HCC and process in healthcare programs reimbursements.
- Minimum three years of leadership experience in providing physician education and coder education required.
- Minimum of one year auditing experience required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CPC, CCS or RHIT certification.
- Bachelor's degree in management, health care, or related field.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 143990