Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Skilled Workforce Adaptable Team (SWAT) (Per Diem/Variable Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Support multiple nursing units within the organization
- Be accountable and responsible for the delivery of direct care to patients individually and through the assignment and direction of the patient focused care team, utilizing a collaborative patient care management process, meeting established standards of nursing care and integrating other health care team members
- Respond to patient and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on the standards of care of unit/department where assigned
- Need to make quick decisions, change assignments and/or tasks with short notice and be flexible to support organizational needs
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Nurse in Telemetry and/or the Intensive Care Unit or advanced monitoring as needed based on the Skills Matrix (i.e. Women's)
- Successful completion of basic medication administration exam prior to hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 127142