Providence is calling a Patient Services Representative (IHI Montana Cardiology, Day, 1.0) to Providence Medical Group - International Heart Institute in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient demographics as well as insurance information and verification.
- Explain various hospital forms and policies, obtain signatures, discuss financial responsibilities, collect monies and initiate the proper episode of care.
- Process required information on all patients according to departmental and interdepartmental policies and procedures while adhering to the patient-focused admissions process.
- Perform all other duties assigned such as filing keyboarding, answering telephone, etc.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
- One (1) year prior experience in a healthcare related field (specifically patient access, insurance eligibility verification/authorization, billing/electronic claims submission, or collection of accounts receivable)
- Prior experience with electronic medical records
- Computer and/or data entry experience (45 words per minute)
- Knowledge of billing, coding or medical terminology
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 151195