Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator (Anticoagulation Clinic, Days, 0.8) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The 24-Flex position is filled by an employee who is regularly scheduled 32 hours or greater per week or 64 hours or greater per pay period which includes a scheduled flex shift of 8, 10, or 12 hours per week or per pay period that they are obligated to work unless the flex shift is canceled.
Flex employees receive full-time employee health insurance benefits, even though some weeks they may get "flexed down" and only work 24 hours for that week.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for patients are on anticoagulation medication and make dosage adjustments.
- Consult with other health care providers in making recommendations for care or providing direct patient care.
- Provide detailed education and in services to patients, family members, physician, nurses other health care professionals regarding drug therapy and anticoagulation management in order to assure high quality, cost effective and anti-coagulation drug therapy.
- Provide safe, effective nursing care in a clinic setting.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Document in Epic.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Montana State
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate through the American Heart Association
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) or current enrollment in a BSN extension program
- Clinic RN experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 148159