Providence is calling a Software Deployment Specialist 1 to Providence Health Plans in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Develop deployment solutions to specifications consistent with business requirements for reliability, application and database integrity, and system availability. This is an emerging discipline that arises out of the recent availability of robust deployment technologies.
- Research new technologies, and upgrade and determine their effectiveness.
- Engineer and integrate new and existing technologies, tools, and applications into the Providence Health Plan (PHP) environment.
- Document decisions, designs, and installations.
- Train the appropriate internal resources.
- Be available for on call support.
- Have an opportunity to advance through three of the four possible levels for this job category. Qualifications for the fourth level are not currently defined.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree -plus- 2 years of experience in a related technical field -or-
- Associate degree -plus- 4 years of experience in a related technical field; -or-
- 6 years of industry related technical experience.
- A combination of extensive technical experience and profound knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SMB, and other networking facilities and protocols
- Knowledge of industry standards in computing technologies as relates to desktop software and software deployment
- Ability to effectively document standards and convey technical information both to technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing
- Ability to present technical material effectively to others, singly or in a group
- Ability to address and solve procedural, functional, communications and engineering related issues
- Proficiency in programming using Microsoft development suites - specifically the most current version of Visual Studio Developer - to effectively create deployment solutions
- Proficiency in integrating deployment solutions in a current Windows desktop environment
- Skills in quickly assimilating new technologies and technical information associated with tools and applications and applying experience to that newly acquired knowledge to produce reliable, efficient solutions
- Demonstrated track record of conducting effective analysis, and providing documentation of the process and of the proposed requirements and design
- System Administration skills must include tool evaluation, performance monitoring, configuration management and recovery strategies
- Ability to perform analysis in support of design efforts both individually and in a team setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Microsoft Certification(s)
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 149915