Providence is calling a Business Process Manager to Providence Health & Services in Portland OR, Beaverton OR or Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Business Process Manager that is responsible for designing end to end business processes that can, in turn, be analyzed and executed by the IT Service Management business. This position plays an important role in decision-making by advising IS leadership on improvement options for critical processes. The Business Process Manager reviews key operational processes that deliver services and ensures that such processes are adequate, functional and conform to industry standards.
In this position you will:
- Provide planning, analysis and recommendations for improvements for services related to performance data.
- Work closely with customers and the business to identify and analyze core business processes and workflows.
- Facilitate workshops with subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery Manager and IS Leadership to diagnose problems and solutions.
- Support, develop and coordinate tools and processes used to track performance data.
- Participate as a member of the team which assesses, prioritizes and implements requests for process change.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business administration, mathematics, computer science, public health, healthcare administration, or a related field highly desirable or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5 years of direct business experience with emphasis in process improvement and/or quality improvement with demonstrated organizational awareness working in a complex business environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of industry best practices in quality assurance (ISO 9000 standards), quality control and ITIL.
- High level of competence with MS Office and MS Visio.
- CAP or and Work Out training and certification required within 6 months of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Information Services, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, or a related IS or healthcare field.
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma preferred.
- 3 years experience working in IT healthcare. Knowledge of the evolving health care environment and IS Systems.
- Project Management Certification.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Materials Management
Other Location(s): Oregon-Portland, Oregon-Beaverton
Req ID: 144783