Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Hospice (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
This position is full-time with benefits available.
In this position, you will:
- Work under the direction of the Hospice Clinical Supervisor and on order of the physician.
- Be accountable for direct and indirect quality care for patients and families of all ages, according to the individualized needs of the patient, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept professional development as an integral part of nursing practice.
- Manage a caseload of patients living within the service area of hospice.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship to promote patient comfort and assist in the achievement of a comfortable and peaceful death.
- Uphold the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Valid Oregon Nursing License.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid Oregon driver's license and reliable transportation.
- 1 to 2 years of medical/surgical experience, recent acute care, or long-term care experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent Oncology or Home Hospice or Home Health experience
- Knowledge of infusion therapy
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 134173