Providence is calling a Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN)/Transplant Coordinator to work at Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR. This position works Monday through Friday (no holidays or weekends) to assist patients that are referred from an Oncologist who are approved for procedure. The ONN is hands-on in guiding the patient through the entire treatment process. This is a great opportunity to work on a small team in an independent role to make a huge impact on our patients' lives and their families' lives as well.
In this position, you will:
- Serve as a consistent resource throughout the continuum of cancer care.
- Have knowledge on the multiple treatment decisions, strong emotions and financial impact of a cancer diagnosis.
- Triage the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and significant others, offering intervention and /or referrals as needed.
- Have primary goals of: 1) enabling patients with information and education thus reducing a portion of the stress involved in a cancer diagnosis, 2) empowering the patient to participate in their personal care process, 3) improving understanding of their decisions and treatment plans; and 4) completing the treatment though the point of survivorship planning. Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN) management of care will be provided to ASCT and HD IL-2 patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Oregon
- 3 years of oncology experience
- ASCT experience required of ASCT ONN
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) strongly preferred; required within 2 years of hire date
- Case management or Clinical Trial Nurse experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 146361