Providence is calling an on call Outpatient Therapist (0.0 FTE/Days & Evenings) to Providence Sunset Business Park in Portland, OR.
This is an on-call therapist opportunity in our Outpatient Chemical Dependency treatment program across the street from our Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. Our Chemical Dependency Outpatient Therapists provide both group and individual therapy Monday - Saturday with evening groups that end at 7:30pm. Schedules are typically 8 hours and begin at either 8am or 12pm depending on the need for coverage. Most shifts are scheduled in advance. On Call Therapists may receive short notice requests but are not obligated to provide coverage.
In this position, you will:
- Independently practice in an evaluation or treatment setting dedicated to evaluation and treatment of psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Collaborate with patient/support system in evaluating, diagnosing patients utilizing current edition Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and/or providing specialized psychotherapy services as described in CPT to reduce and/or resolve symptoms of psychiatric and/or substance use disorders identified.
- Utilize established approaches and standards and complete assessment of patient risk to self and/or others.
- Complete and implement risk reduction/mitigation plans to ensure patient and community safety.
- Incorporate evidence based approaches in psychotherapy including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and the Recovery Model.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in assessment and diagnosis, including crisis evaluations, individual, group and family psychotherapy and multi-modal treatment settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities of advanced social work practice and shall perform duties in a manner that respects patient self-determination, reduces health disparities/barriers to care, and adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) code of ethics, Standards of Practice (SOP), and the Providence mission.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work from an School of Social Work that is accredited or in candidacy status by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with the state of Oregon
- Licensure as an Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) in the state of Washington as needed based on work location(s)
- 2 years of post master's experience in a behavioral health treatment setting
- For those in a dedicated chemical dependency treatment program, a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) -or- 60 hours of approved continuing education units (CEUs) in diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders within 1 year of hire
- Certification to assess and implement a Directors Hold as delegate to Mental Health Authority within 6 months of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Additional experience in substance use treatment setting
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 146522