Providence is calling a Clinical Research Coordinator 2, based at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR. This is a patient-facing position supporting clinics at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Providence Portland Medical Center (PPMC), and Gateway Clinic.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for coordination, collection and delivery of clinical data and pertinent information to sponsor.
- Manage and coordinate research projects by meeting with sponsors, clients and principal investigators.
- Establish research plans, project timetables, assess time and effort for negotiating budgets with the PI, and coordinate resources to ensure timely project completion.
- Act as liaison to IRB.
- Communicate frequently regarding progress on ongoing projects, and provide written documentation upon project completion.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate degree and 2-3 years of research work experience, -or-
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience with 4 years of research work experience or equivalent
- ACRP or SOCRA certification or equivalent
- 2 years of experience as a Clinical Research professional, supporting all aspects of clinical research
- Strong experience with audit facilitation
- Knowledge of research methods, good clinical practice (GCP), biostatistics and scientific publication processes
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, and spreadsheet analysis
- Familiarity with HIPAA, Human Subjects Protections regulations and GCP/ICH guidelines
- Demonstrated effectiveness in resolving research issues of varying complexity
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 148379