Providence is calling a Transportation Appointment Coordinator to Providence Elderplace Belmont in Portland, OR.
Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program known as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), a comprehensive care model that offers health, housing, social service and care coordination solutions to older adults and peace of mind to their families. We are dedicated to providing dignified care to seniors in a compassionate environment built on principles of responsive service, top-quality health care and trust.
In this position, you will:
- Obtain and manage referrals and prior authorizations.
- Be responsible for tracking, scheduling, and maintenance of outside medical specialist referrals for routine or episodic needs of participants for lab, medical specialty, transportation requests, and physician/nurse practitioner orders.
- Represent the main line of communication with outside medical specialty office staff in coordinating health information and appointments.
- Review referrals, follow-up and refer to appropriate staff.
- Perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Providence Health Plan mission and philosophy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or GED
- Two (2) years of experience working in a medical clinic that includes:
- Experience working with multiple medical offices coordinating and safeguarding protected health information
- Utilizing a computer for data and word processing
- Experience using an electronic medical health record system
- One (1) year of experience with frail or elderly population
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience using transportation scheduling software preferred
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding preferred
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 149992