Providence is calling a Personal Care Aide Lead (0.8 FTE, Nights) to Providence Elderplace Glendoveer in Porltland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Under the direction of the Resident Care Supervisor and with clinical supervision by a Registered Nurse, the Lead Personal Care Aide is expected to serve in a leadership role with other Aides to complete all required documentation.
- Assure that all care and medications are administered appropriately, to solve problems, and to communicate with the staff of the next shift.
- Perform basic and routine quality care to the ElderPlace residents including assisting them in the activities of daily living and other personal care tasks.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current Standard First Aide certification
- 2 years of experience as a caregiver with frail elderly
- 6 months of medication administration experience
- In Compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS), criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned duties. Fingerprinting may also be required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification in the State of Oregon
- Completion of approved medication administration training and/or proficient in providing activities of daily living (ADL) care
- 1 year of medication administration experience
About Providence ElderPlace
Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program known as PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), a comprehensive care model that offers health, housing, social service and care coordination solutions to older adults and peace of mind to their families. We are dedicated to providing dignified care to seniors in a compassionate environment built on principles of responsive service, top-quality health care and trust.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 148790