Providence is calling a Sterilizer Equipment Technician 1 to Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR. This position will service Providence facilities in Portland, Milwaukie, Willamette Falls and Hood River.
In this position, you will:
- Provide scheduled maintenance, repairs, and electrical safety inspections on sterilizing equipment, surgical tables, and general patient care equipment under the general supervision of the Sterilizer Equipment Tech 2 (SET 2) and the Biomedical Services Manager.
- Be assigned work that is general and limited in complexity, but with device specific training that requires strong mechanical skills.
- Perform services on (but not limited to) electric/hydraulic surgery tables, sterilizers (autoclaves), surgical cart washers, single and multi-chamber instrument washers, basket automated transport systems, ultrasonic cleaning machines, and endoscopic cleaning machines.
- Operate test equipment and other instrumentation, as well as tools and equipment typical to inspect, test and repair pipes, fittings and solenoid components while performing device tests, inspections, and supervised repairs.
- Be responsible for accurately documenting these services on designated forms and within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Electronics Technology
- Equivalent military training or related work experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree
- Current driver's license
- 2 years of mechanical repair experience in automotive, heavy duty truck, or aircraft service or other related work experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Biomedical
Req ID: 146010