Providence is calling a Clinical Registered Nurse – Oncology Hematology to Providence Portland Medical Center.
This is an excellent opportunity for an RN with chemotherapy infusion experience and a focus on delivering high quality patient care.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, free parking, free annual Trimet pass, a Monday-Friday day-shift schedule (with the option to switch to four 9-hour shifts after training), and a fast-paced, positive work environment.
Finally, we also offer an opportunity to join our mission-driven, not for profit organization in making a difference for the populations we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable. Our cancer center is known for leading research and for providing exceptional patient care; you can watch this short video at https://youtu.be/KjaIGbnd1OY to learn more.
This team is rapidly growing in response to large demand, and we are excited to add some talented new professionals to our outstanding team.
In this position, you will:
- Provide direct quality care for those patient requiring infusion therapy, blood and component transfusion, and chemotherapy on an outpatient basis.
- Provide care according to the individualized needs of the patient using the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Be responsible for the assessment, treatment of care of patients including adult and geriatric.
- Be competent to analyze patient data with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
- Accept professional development as an integral part of nursing practice.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the healthcare team in a collegial relationship.
- Advise clinic project team on start up clinic processes and policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in a manner that supports team concept, caring and respect, reflecting the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and Providence Health and Services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered license to practice nursing in the state of Oregon
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification within 6 months of hire
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification within 2 years of hire
- 1 year as an infusion nurse in an oncology setting
- 2 years of medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years of experience as infusion nurse
- Experience providing phone advice in an oncology setting
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 146923