Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Coordinator to the Providence Brain and Spine Institute at St. Vincent's Medical Office Building in Portland, OR.
This position is full time with benefits available.
In this position, you will:
- Work closely with the Providence Brain and Spine Institute (PBSI) Registered Nurse (RN) Program Developer to implement and maintain a formal spine program focused on appropriate surgical indications, patient outcomes and potential new payment methodologies.
- Work with Program physicians to develop infrastructure in support of the treatment of patients with acute and chronic back pain symptoms using established protocols and treatment processes, with a focus on quality initiatives and education.
- Work with Program physicians & care teams to ensure appropriate data collection and implementation of tracking tools for all aspects of the spine program.
- Provide patient and staff education as a key responsibility and coordinate with all Providence stakeholders.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Oregon RN license
- Washington RN license within 30 days of hire, during that time the caregiver will only be taking Oregon patients.
- 3 years of nursing experience including experience working with patients with neurological conditions and/or other chronic conditions
- Experience working with patient families & caregivers
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- American Association of Neuroscience Nursing membership and certification
- 5 years of nursing experience including nursing experience including experience working with patients with neurological conditions and/or other chronic conditions
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Req ID: 144084