Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Environmental Services Technician \(Per Diem, Variable Shift\) to work in Environmental Services at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
This position is a member of a multi\-disciplinary team that maintains the physical environment of the hospital at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint\. This position is responsible for continuously demonstrating proficiency in basic cleaning skills and stocking that would be used in patient, staff, office, clinic, or visitor area\.
In this position you will:
- Use appropriate cleaning techniques, supplies, and safety precautions in cleaning assigned area and equipment\.
- Adhere to and demonstrate knowledge for all infection control policies and procedures required to maintain the patient care environment\.
- Dispose of all medical waste, \(regular, recyclable, and regulated\) appropriately\. Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements for correct waste segregation\.
- Use computer to update EPIC as primary tool for tracking of individual progress of all work completed throughout the day\.
- Work closely with other staff to obtain or provide routine information, submit work orders, request supplies, and schedule maintenance work\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or equivalent
- One year customer service experience
- Ability to demonstrate competency in computer use with high level of frequency
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge of units of measurement
- Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques, proper storage methods, inventory control, ordering procedures, equipment maintenance, patient room Critical Use Equipment \(IV pumps, monitors, etc\.\)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in environmental services in a healthcare or hotel setting OR vocational training and certification
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 146660