Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Hospice, Nights, Per Diem) to Providence Hospice & Home Care of Snohomish County in Everett, Washington. These are 8-10 hour shifts, scheduled between 3:30pm-8:00am.
In this position you will:
- Travel throughout your work day to multiple locations which may include private residences, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for the patient and their family utilizing the resources of the organization and community.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to promote patient and family choice, assure continuity of care, and enhance the quality of life of dying patients.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Three (3) years nursing experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Washington State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Hospice certification
- Current Washington State driver's license
- Prior experience in hospice, home health, acute, sub-acute or long-term care
- Proficient with software programs that aid in the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Hospice and Home Care provides quality, timely, comprehensive medical care in the homes of patients in Snohomish County in Washington State, including Camano Island. Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of our community by providing professional, compassionate, quality care, in appropriate settings, enabling individuals and families to manage health care problems and life-threatening illnesses. The wide-ranging care we provide includes the service of physicians, registered nurses, CWCN registered nurse wound care specialists, medical social workers, rehabilitation therapists, home health aides, chaplains and volunteers.
Our Inpatient Hospice Care Center provides a unique alternative to traditional home-based care for hospice patients who need symptom management which cannot be provided in the home. Located at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, the center serves patients in the hospital and offers the community a complete continuum of hospice care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 125050