Providence is calling a Clinical Nurse Educator to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator to support our Emergency Department and to use available resources and approaches based on hospital protocols, policies and procedures, provides staff continuing education, orientation, and individual staff development.
In this position the Clinical Nurse Educator will:
- Demonstrate technical expertise with skills and knowledge to utilize organizational design, health care law, and information technology.
- Understand, be receptive, and respond to change; alter processes and procedures to optimize quality patient care; and communicate this in action and word.
- Identify patterns and differences in patterns, synthesize the parts to the whole, identify gaps, and the need for change or action.
- Demonstrate continuous active learning which contributes to personal and professional growth.
- Reflect on own performance and look for ways to improve.
- Demonstrate technical/clinical expertise in the field of nursing and skill in critical thinking analysis, prioritizing, time management, and organization.
- Perform an annual and ongoing needs assessment for Unit Staff.
- Schedule specific in-services.
- Provide required documentation for education plans.
- Teach / facilitate educational classes or workshops.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree or actively enrolled in a master's program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Four years clinical experience in a hospital acute care setting.
- Washington State Licensure as a Registered Nurse; American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS).
- Educator Experience
- ED/ER Experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®"" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Clinical Nurse Educator, Nurse Educator, Clinical Educator, Hospital Educator Educator- Nursing, ED/ER Educator, ED Nurse, ER Nurse
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Req ID: 148963