Providence is calling a Manager – Onsite Access to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Manager – Onsite Access to oversee the acquisition of information and data entry functions relating to the admission/registration processes. This position is accountable for the accurate collection of data to support accurate/timely billing.
In this position you will:
- Assure employee understanding and commitment to organization Mission, vision, and Core Values.
- Develop and maintain departmental customer satisfaction program in accordance with organizational guidelines which exceed guests, family, patient and physician expectations.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining departmental quality management program in accordance with organizational guidelines which exceed community standards, including compliance with all laws, regulations and requirements of appropriate licensing and accrediting bodies.
- Be responsible for planning, leading and measuring the department effectiveness in meeting department and PSPH goals and objectives.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and performance standards to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the department.
- New hire and annual evaluations are completed in a timely manner and per cent of completion rate is not less than 100%.
- Provide support and assistance to all personnel to facilitate the accomplishment of their job objectives.
- Assist with the development of a departmental strategic Plan complying with organizational guidelines which identifies objectives for increasing market share and volumes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Five (5) plus years overall experience in integrated healthcare system in any aspect of access services or related position, including three (3) plus years' experience in management.
- Working knowledge of Revenue Cycle processes with emphasis on Front End including Registration, Scheduling and Insurance Verification and reimbursement contracts
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA, CMS, EMTALA and JC rules and regulations; monitoring and adherence to regulatory requirements including HIPAA, CMS, JC, EMTALA and others.
- Standardizing complex and disparate practices and maintaining common processes.
- Process improvement methodology, change management, operational improvement in complex systems.
- Flexible staffing models including staff scheduling to volume and cross-training to optimize productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Mentoring and coaching/counseling; optimizing workflow processes with emphasis as they relate to complex computer systems.
- Leadership ability to build and maintain high functioning teams.
- History of proactively identifying, resolving and escalating issues that impact business outcomes.
- Demonstrated strong and persuasive verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, showing good decision-making skills based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Flexibility in undertaking travel both in and out of state.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Epic Healthcare Systems experience.
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) or Certified Revenue Cycle Professional (CRCP).
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 150397