Providence is calling a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE RN) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner to provide forensic evidence collection for screened acute sexual assault cases without physician present, per protocol.
In this position you will:
- Gather assault history from patient and/or caretaker
- Assess psychological trauma and crisis intervention needs
- Provide forensic exam of genital/anal region
- Provide court testimony on medical forensic sexual assault evidence collection
- Refer for follow up medical care and community services and complete reports
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Two years of experience in a nursing setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Successful completion of Sexual Assault Examiner Training
- Experience in women's health care or emergency care
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 141725