Providence is calling a Speech Language Pathologist to Inpatient Rehab at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA. (On-call/PRN)
We are seeking an Speech Language Pathologist to join our team of caregivers who provide diagnostic and therapeutic treatment to patients who exhibit speech language or swallowing disorders.
In this position you will:
- In accordance with physician request, provide initial evaluation and recommend appropriate treatment plan.
- Partner with fellow care providers to provide therapy for the recovery or improvement of patient's speech or swallowing function.
- Provide education to patient and family regarding the therapy and maintenance of the speech or swallowing disorder.
- Utilize software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Current Speech Therapy licensure in Washington State
- Current American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with clinical responsibilities in a hospital, clinic, home health or skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 135619