Providence is calling a Patient Transporter to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is an on call, evening shift position. We are looking for a compassionate and customer service oriented individual to transport patients throughout our hospital.
In this position you will:
- Ensure the safe movement of patients of all ages to and from hospital medical areas including the lab department, imaging, operating department and patient hospital rooms.
- Transport lab specimens and equipment, such as stretchers and wheelchairs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- A minimum of six months in a health care setting involved in the movement of ambulatory and nonambulatory patients.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) certificate or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate
- Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 149617