Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) to Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice in Olympia, Washington.
**Employees new to Providence are eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus!
This is a part time position (0.4), working every weekend (Sat./Sun.), 8am-4:30pm, supporting all three counties (Thurston/Mason/Lewis).
In this position you will:**
- Drive throughout your work day to see patients in private residences, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities within a designated region.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for the patient utilizing the interdisciplinary care team.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Utilize software programs for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- One (1) year nursing experience in a Medicare certified Home Health or Hospice agency
- Recent hands-on experience with wound care, venipuncture, ostomies, catheters, and feeding tubes
- Previous case management experience
About the ministry you will serve
Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 147620