Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Manager\- Emergency Department \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in the Emergency Services Department at Swedish Redmond in Redmond, WA\.
The Manager Emergency Department is responsible for the direct planning, leading, organization and control of the Emergency Department, including staff development, implementation of standards, quality control measures, and for all clinical and operational activities of the unit\.
In this position you will:
- Develop unit strategic plan based on organization\-wide goals and objectives
- Develop capital and operating budget, ensuring appropriate utilization of resources
- Operationalize strategic plan, ensure compliance, address variances and develop contingency plans
- Be accountable for ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours a day; assigning clinical operations and patient care activities based on patient care requirements
- Establish and enforce standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Evaluate the delivery and outcome of patient care to assure compliance with department standards and patient/family satisfaction
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing \(BSN\)
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Knowledge of human growth and development to modify services to the age and development stage of the patient
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree \(MN, MS or MA\) in Nursing or a related field
- Current ACLS certification
- Certification \(CEN\) in area of expertise
About the Redmond Campus:
The new Redmond center encompasses nearly 85,000 square feet of space on three floors\. It has 18 emergency exam rooms, open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week; an advanced diagnostic imaging center \(with X\-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI\), staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology; an on\-site laboratory; and offices for primary\- and specialty\-care providers\. Swedish/Redmond will immediately treat patients suffering from stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work\-related injuries and many other medical emergencies and non\-emergencies\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 146026