Providence is calling an ITIL Process Engineer to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Process Engineer who will drive Providence to minimize the risk of business interruptions caused by change activity, while maintaining efficiency in the implementation of successful changes, and by providing accurate information regarding the cause(s) of those downtimes.
In this position you will:
- Audit and approve proposed changes, enforce change management policies and procedures, produce and publish change metrics, conduct training for change practitioners, and lead regularly scheduled change management meetings.
- Explain and guide others through the process and address any low level process issues.
- Complete formal root cause analysis of internal and external systems. Analyze data of same for to develop IT strategic problem management interests.
- Develop effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Effectively organize multiple projects, schedules and meet shifting priorities.
- May be asked to provide on call coverage 24x7 for major incidents and/or for escalations from members of the leadership team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in an information services or healthcare setting,
- Experience facilitating root cause analysis, change management, and incident management is required.
- A deep understanding of the IT Service Management Model, including industry best practices for ITIL processes, and success factors/KPIs.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ITIL, COBIT, LEAN, and/or Six Sigma certifications, but not required.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 148024