Providence is calling a Senior Financial Compliance Analyst to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Compliance Analyst to be responsible for monitoring compliance with standard accounting policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) across the Health System. Primary areas of responsibility will include: performing audit reviews, monitoring and communicating critical financial issues, and performing special projects.
In this position you will:
- Perform Financial Compliance Reviews, including development of work programs, testing schedules, and performing compliance reviews of the internal Technical Accounting Bulletins and Financial Operating Procedures to ensure integrity of accounting and reporting across the health system.
- Assist the Director of Financial Compliance and Controls in the development and implementation of standard accounting policies and procedures for the Health System; and assists regional management and staff in the interpretation and implementation of the approved policies and procedures within the local entities.
- Assist in the reporting of financial and statistical compliance information; summarize findings based on audit and monitoring efforts and communicate critical financial issues; to be distributed to senior leadership and Compliance Committee Board and others as appropriate.
- Identify areas of risk to the organization, and assists in establishing, communicating, and monitoring mitigation plans and action strategies where compliance issues are raised.
- Assist with special projects designed to improve the financial performance of finance shared services including identifying opportunities for standardization; consolidation of financial tracking and reporting of financial transactions; developing recommendations for consideration by finance leadership; and directing the implementation of approved recommendations as assigned.
- Review business process and financial controls across the Health System.
- Assist in the development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies consistently across the system.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years public accounting/auditing experience. [Consideration will be given for equivalent experience in accounting]
- Minimum of three (5) years of financial or accounting health care experience and a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in computer operations and Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 150394