Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Neuroscience Research Non\-Clinical Fellow \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
This position is a one or two year research fellowship program for MD's, Ph\.D\.'s and other doctorate level researchers\.
In this position you will:
- The neuroscience research fellow is a mentored position with oversight from the fellowship director\.
- The position is a non\-clinical fellowship with a focus on research development and implementation, scientific writing and publication\.
- The position works independently or as part of a team\.
- The fellow will develop hypotheses to carry out research projects to validate\.
- Fellow will design and implement retrospective and prospective clinical and translational research projects\. The fellow is expected to initiate research projects to be submitted for presentation at national meetings and/or submitted as peer\-reviewed manuscripts\. Keeps accurate and complete records of all work performed\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Medical Doctor or a Ph\.D\. in the field of neurology
- Fellows must possess the intellectual, communication, social, sensory and motor skills to perform the professional role of a doctorate level researcher\.
- Experience in area of practice is required\.
- The fellow is expected to maintain familiarity with research regulations/guidelines and complete all necessary education requirements\. The expectation is the fellow will participate in existing research meetings as required\.
- The fellow will organize data and interpret results\. The fellow must be able to prepare acceptable reports, publications or presentations of research results\. Remaining current with the literature in ongoing and proposed research projects in the department is also required\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years experience in the field of neurosciences is preferred\.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 151557