Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Monitor Technician \(0\.5 FTE, Evenings\) to work for the Neuro Telemetry at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Monitor Technician is responsible for providing back up and down time procedures in support of the continuous monitoring of a patients cardiac rhythm and oxygen saturation level, documenting clinical status including any significant changes and reporting changes to the Registered Nurse and/or Charge Nurse\. Must successfully pass ECG competencies\.
In this position you will:
- Set appropriate alarms and adjust arrhythmia detection criteria as appropriate for each patient
- Assure that oxygen saturation and cardiac monitoring alarms are on at all times
- Maintain equipment and report malfunctions to charge nurse and clinical engineering
- Perform general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas
- Assist the nursing staff in coordinating the activity of the unit
- Oversee clerical supplies
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia Interpretation class \(80% score or higher\)\. If you have previous monitor technician experience, must pass a challenge exam \(80% score or higher\)
- Experience in related healthcare setting in a clinical, clerical or service capacity
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of Window's based applications
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous Monitor Technician experience in a Hospital environment
- Previous experience in an acute care facility or related work experience
- Previous experience using electronic medical record
About the Cherry Hill Campus\.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 146197