Swedish Medical Group is looking for an Insurance Representative I \(1\.0, Days\) to work in Central Business Services at The Bank of America Tower in Seattle, WA\.
The Insurance Representative I plays a vital role on the Central Business Services team, demonstrating the Swedish values of patient\-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership\.
In this position you will:
- Post private payments, insurance payments, disallows and/or denials to appropriate patient accounts
- Ensure patient satisfaction through timely and effective patient account maintenance including assistance with billing, third\-party payments, adjustments, information verification and record maintenance
- Re\-submit claims to government agencies, medical service bureaus and insurance companies ensuring that accounts are billed appropriately
- Audit charges to ensure accurate procedure codes, billing data and patient information is submitted
- Trace errors, record adjustments to proper accounts and determine the appropriate destination for unidentified funds
- Ensure accurate account information in all billing areas and updates the system when billing information is incorrect or missing
- Initiate claims for billing to secondary insurance companies for coordination of benefits
- Ensure deposits balance to posting and resolves any discrepancies
- Resolve unidentifiable payments from agencies in an appropriate manner
- Effectively process third\-party payer and patient over payments
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year insurance payment posting experience in a health care environment
- General knowledge of bookkeeping, basic accounting and familiarity with medical billing and medical insurance industry practices
- General knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes
- Analytical, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite programs
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details
- Typing skills of 35 wpm
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 148269