The Swedish Cancer Institute is looking for a Research Coordinator Lead \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Research Coordinator Lead is responsible for managing and overseeing data management, regulatory compliance, and to some extent clinical activities relating specifically to clinical trials, research protocols or other research activity in support of federal, commercial or privately funded research activities\.
In this position you will:
- Lead the work of others on a task basis
- Perform the same job functions performed by Research Associate\(s\), but also provides on\-the\-job training, sets tactical priorities and schedules workflow of support staff to insure goals and objectives or project\(s\) are being met
- Administer and monitor entire study protocol which may include: support for or coordination of pre\-study meetings with sponsor, site initiations, protocol start\-up, monitor visits, FDA/DEA audits, reporting of adverse events, closeout procedures
- Coordinate all data management for assigned studies which may include: data abstraction; data form completion and submission; staff training of data collection methods; screening and registration process; education of patients; laboratory, pathology or radiotherapy reports collection and submission; specimen collection and submission; radiotherapy film, scan and x\-ray collection and submission; long\-term follow\-up
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in science, healthcare, or other related field\. Significant experience in a supervisory capacity may be substituted for educational requirements\.
- Washington State Medical Assistant\-Registered will be required with Swedish Medical Center facility application completed within 7 days of hire\. Must obtain active license within 60 days of hire\. Employee will not be authorized to practice independently until registration is obtained\.
- Minimum of seven years experience in related area\.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA research policies, other applicable federal regulations and/or GCP guidelines\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinators \(CCRC\) or similar professional research certification preferred\.
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 141095