Providence is calling a Teacher to the Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC) (Day Shift, On-Call/Per Diem) at Providence Mount St. Vincent in Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Have responsibility for the overall care of children - infants through preschool - and supporting the planning and implementation of an age appropriate programs.
- Provide an interesting, stimulating and challenging indoor and outdoor environment and plan appropriate daily activities.
- Maintain the classroom, preparing materials for the children and certain clerical and record keeping duties.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- A demonstrated interest in working with young children
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year of experience with infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers
Required Within 90 days of hire:
- Register with the State MERIT system for STARs trainings
- First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Infant, child, adult cards)
- Attend an annual Blood Borne Pathogen class
- Food handlers permit
About the ministry you will serve:
The Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC) is an award-winning child care program located in West Seattle, WA. Our program is unique in that interaction between the infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children and the 400 residents of Providence Mount St. Vincent is an integral part of daily activities. This enhances the opportunities for children and people of all ages to have frequent community interaction. Our program includes a philosophy based on problem-solving, where teachers act as facilitators and guides encouraging children to think of solutions to problems that may arise throughout their day.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 142389