Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Special Care Nursery at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse in our NICU department who will uphold the Swedish standards in patient care\. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, the Registered Nurse assumes accountability to peers, and functions as a strong team player in caring for patients\.
The Level II Special Care Nursery is an 8 bed intermediate\-care nursery that provides care such as supplemental oxygen, specialized feedings, intravenous therapy, premature infants 32 weeks and above and term sick babies\. In addition you will attend high risk deliveries and care for NAS infants\.
In this position you will:
- Check for proper function of NICU monitoring system, pumps, and other equipment
- Assist as necessary with procedures \(central line placement, chest tube insertion, x\-rays, ultrasounds, intubations and extubations\)
- Assess ability of mother to care of infant and self once discharged and communicates family needs to appropriate care providers
- Apply knowledge of breastfeeding
- Assure safe transport of all patients
- Maintain family centered care philosophy of respect, information sharing, and collaboration during transport process
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSNExceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leaderCurrent license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of WashingtonCurrent BLS certificationCurrent Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years experience in a Level II or III NICU
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: NICU/PICU Nursing
Req ID: 146536