Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Manager of Surgical Services at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
The Manager is accountable for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services\. The Manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center mission, vision, and value\.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards
- Develop, implement, and monitor unit\-based quality improvement programs
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practice
- Accountable of operational budgets, monthly reports and capital requests
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing;
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse \(RN\) in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support \(BLS\)
- Recent first line management experience
- Previous clinical experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in Nursing or related field
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 138198