Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator II \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Medical Oncology at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Patient Services Coordinator II provides support and clinical coordination of multiple patient care services\. The PSC II exercises independence in the planning and accomplishment of a wide spectrum of clerical and administrative duties\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinates clinic schedule to determine availability for appointments
- Uses Swedish Medical Center computer systems efficiently and effectively\. Able to learn new computer applications as they evolve
- Schedules outside clinic appointments, diagnostic tests, non\-invasive procedures, and surgical procedures
- Coordinates with other departments involved in patient appointments and care, such as transportation and interpreter services
- Contacts patients regarding appointments or changes in appointments, as needed
- Acquires pertinent records \(films, imaging and pathology reports\) to submit for radiologist review prior to scheduled appointment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of MS Word and Windows based applications and general office equipment
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology and diagnostic testing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a college or technical school
- Experience in a health care setting
- Experience obtaining insurance verifications, referrals, and authorizations
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 150929