Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Licensed Engineer Grade III \(Per Diem \(on\-call\), Variable shift\) to cover vacation and sick time in Facility Management at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking an experienced person to perform high skill level troubleshooting, diagnosis, installation and repair of critical and non\-critical mechanical plant systems and equipment\. Systems include HVAC – plumbing – electrical \- medical gas – fire and life safety and other specialized equipment\.
In this position you will:
- Plan and complete repairs and installations using diagrams, blueprints, schematics and O&M manuals\.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and documentation of plant systems\.
- Communicate critical observations and status information concisely to department management team\.
- Be ble to perform code red drills\. Works autonomously with little direct supervision\.
- Operate, maintain, repair and clean boiler, steam systems and associated equipment\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Must have successfully completed at least two formal specialized, related training courses
- Valid City of Seattle Grade III, II, or I Steam Engineer's license or a Boiler Supervisor Endorsement; Valid City of Seattle Grade III, II or I Steam Engineer's license or a Boiler Supervisor Endorsement must be obtained within 90\-days of hire
- At least four years experience in equipment inspection, testing, repair and maintenance of required systems and equipment
About the Ballard Campus\.
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 118619