Are you an early\-career nurse with sub\-acute experience who is interested in transitioning to a hospital setting? If you are interested in acquiring training and experience in an acute care setting, Swedish's Fellow RN Program could be the next step in your nursing career\!
We are recruiting for our Auguts 2017 cohort\.
The Fellow RN training program \(typically 12 weeks\) provides an opportunity for RN's with 6 \- 24 months of sub\-acute nursing experience to be oriented to a medical/surgical acute care unit\. Strong preference is given to BSN graduates or those enrolled in a BSN program who will complete their education prior to the cohort's start date\.
We will have openings in:
Our Fellow RN training program provides participants with:
- The opportunity to experience the program in a setting that provides a consistent and structured experience\.
- Integrated classroom and clinical experiences under the guidance and support of Preceptors, Clinical Educators and Professional Development Specialists\. Clinical experience is under the direct one on one supervision of a Preceptor\.
- Simulated Clinical Experience with high fidelity mannequins, which offers the opportunity to practice in a safe and educationally structured environment\.
- Numerous professional development opportunities both at the individual level as well as opportunities to participate in shared leadership, our Nursing Quality leadership group, among others\. * *
Registered Nurses at Swedish are responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation\. He or she is also responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel, as states above, that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met\.
In this position you will:
- Collect pertinent assessment data including present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information
- Develop, review and revise an individualized care plan
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and coworkers
- Utilize the nursing process to prepare for discharge/transfer, beginning with admission and continuing throughout hospitalization
- Applications are screened by the Human Resources Department\. Applicants that successfully meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for a phone interview with the Nurse Recruiter\. Additional interviews will be conducted with the hiring manager and peer interview team for those applicants who are successful in the HR screening process\.
Important information regarding the Fellow RN Care Program:
- The Fellow RN program is an intensive training program with strict schedules\. Time off or scheduling requests during orientation will not be accommodated\.
- Nurses in the training program are required to sign a 2 year/$5000 agreement\. Participants agree to remain employed as a RN at Swedish for a period of at least 2 years after completion of the Fellow RN program or are required to pay a sum of $5000\. \(Prorated to the time spent employed by Swedish\.\)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Current Washington RN License
- Current BLS Certification
- Experience in acute care medical/surgical nursing
- Must complete the Swedish "Fellow RN" training program
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- National Certification in area of specialty
Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish has a non\-discrimination policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer\.
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: RN Fellow
Req ID: 151034